Only $25 for a 20 min inspection
Schedule an appointment for a professional pest audit to determine your pest control needs.
Silverfish like damp, moist areas of your home
Silverfish are small insects with no wings. The name is derived from their silver color and fish-like appearance. They may also be called fishmoths, paramites or carpet sharks.
Silverfish feed off of book bindings, carpet, clothing, coffee, dandruff, glue, hair, some paints, paper, photos, plaster and sugar. Silverfish also can damage tapestries. Other substances they may eat include cotton, dead insects, linen and silk.
Getting rid of silverfish
Our experts can determine the size of the silverfish infestation and your pest control needs with a professional pest audit.
Some simple things can be done to slow the silverfish infestation in your home:
- Silverfish live in damp, moist areas. Use a dehumidifier to eliminate these areas in your home.
- Mend leaking pipes with FixIt leak fixer putty. Leaking pipes provide moisture for silverfish breeding grounds.
- Keep your home clean and vacuum any cracks or crevices where silverfish may hide. These pests will find another home if you continue to destroy the one they are living in.
- If you don’t have pets or children, chemical treatments can be used around the perimeter of the inside of your home.
- Silverfish hate cloves. Putting a whole clove in areas where silverfish are seen will force the insects to move.
- Walls of areas where silverfish are present can be sprayed with a mixture of two parts water and one part bleach.
- Bleach and hot water can be poured down drains to kill any of the insects that may be lurking in pipes.
"Pest Solutions 365 and their crew are amazing! Professional, friendly, timely, and knowledgeable. Thank you to the entire team for a job well done!"
- Nick W.
"Paul was recommend by our previous pest tech before they moved. The 365 team always has an answer for me and delivers great service for our rental properties. I highly recommend them!"
- Jarod V.
"Paul was wonderful! He went above and beyond to cover all of our needs. He was very thorough, professional, and answered all questions we had. Highly recommend!"
- Klink Chiropractic
Think you might have a pest problem? Do you need to schedule a professional pest audit?